Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Here, Where Dessert is Cheese


An Account of 3 Days in Cortina

August 24
A combination of breakfast, lunch, and dinner, interspersed with a walk into town with Anna and her dog Spike, and telling jokes (the same ones as the day before) with Fabio, his wife, and his little son Federico. (Fabio joined Carlotta and Isabella in America for a few summers as children)

August 25
A little bit of seasonal confusion after I went skating and drank the most delicious hot chocolate pretty much ever made. Then came a pizza dinner with Anna’s American friends who recently moved to Bologna.

August 26
Wait a second… it rains in Narnia??
Typical rainy day spent inside: more hot chocolate, and Anna and I made pancakes. Carlo and Giovanna had their friends over for dinner, and Giovanna made me try grappa… Apparently it’s an acquired taste (one I haven’t quite acquired yet). 

Side Note: I’m terribly sorry if my daily reports bore you, but this blog is not so much for you as it is for me. I plan to show this to my children one day, and I work with the material I’m given so calm down and go read Calvin and Hobbes if you need entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment