Tuesday, August 28, 2012

For Those of You Feeling a Bit Lost...

For those of you still with us: I’ve thrown a lot of information at you over the past few entries. Here’s some quick notes that I think will help clear up any confusion.
When my mom was a kid, he parents found an Italian family that wanted to expose their children to America/the English language. Naturally, neither couple having actually met the other, they both decided to do a sort of exchange: every summer there would be an exchange of children. This created a lasting friendship among the two families which is still alive today.
My mother became bestiezzz with the eldest daughter Carlotta, and we try to see them at least once a year. Carlotta and Nicola have two children: Anna, 12 (my little sister Olivia’s age) and Guido, 8. This is the family we went to Croatia with.
Carlo and Giovanna, Carlotta’s parents are still intent on keeping the child exchange alive, so when I decided to stay in Italy for the three weeks between when the family vacation ended and my program began, they were more than excited. I am currently living in their ski cabin, just chillin with the two of them plus Anna and Guido. Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

No comments:

Post a Comment